To expedite your check-in process, we need to receive your registration form prior to your procedure date. If not received, the Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. Please feel free to use the online pre registration service to expedite your registration on day of surgery.
A Health History Professional will call you prior to your surgery to collect information about your health history. Please contact us at 770 551 9944 if you have not received a call within 48 hours of surgery date.
A scheduler will call you the day before your surgery, review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by the day before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 770 551 9944 between 7am and 4pm.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Do not eat food or drink after midnight the night before your surgery.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, and interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 770-551-9944 as soon as possible.
< Return to Top >